We solicit technical papers that report original, novel, unpublished work relevant to all the scientific, technological, and application aspects of haptics.
- Technical papers should be prepared according to the formatting instructions available here.
- For authors' convenience, the templates for technical papers can be downloaded in Word or Latex format. Note that only the US Letter template will be accepted, not the A4 template.
- Authors should aim for a technical paper length of 6 pages or less, including references and all other components of the paper.
- 1 or 2 extra pages (beyond 6 pages) may added through a charge of $200 per page, paid during conference registration.
Author Names and Affiliations
- Submitted papers will be reviewed in single-blind manner.
- Author names and affiliations should be specified in all technical papers.
Submission Due Date
- October 27, 2017: 11:59 pm PT (Pacific Time)
October 22, 2017: 11:59 pm PT (Pacific Time)
- Technical paper submission is now open!
- All technical papers (with optional videos) should be submitted using PrecisionConference. Select the "Haptics Symposium" Society, "Haptics 2018" Conference, and "Haptics 2018 Technical Papers" Track.
Presentation and Publication
- All accepted technical papers will be presented orally in a podium presentation, either in a dual-track regular session or in a single-track featured session.
- All accepted papers will be included in the electronically distributed conference proceedings and also published in IEEE Xplore.
- Paper copyright will be transferred to the IEEE as part of the publication process.
- Paper decisions will be announced on December 29, 2017, and will also be available in PrecisionConference.
- Submission of videos is optional but strongly encouraged to help readers understand the paper.
- Uploaded videos will be reviewed along with the paper.
- Videos will be submitted for publication to IEEE Xplore and may be used to promote the conference.
- Guidelines: format (mpeg 4, .mp4), length (up to 2 minutes), resolution (at least 480p progressive scan), and file size (up to 40 MB). Final (but not initial) video submissions will need to include some simple additional files for IEEE Xplore compliance.
IEEE Transactions on Haptics (ToH) Referral Program
- The top 10% of submissions selected by the Program Committee based on reviews will be referred to the IEEE Transactions on Haptics (ToH) for expedited review of an evolved, journal-length version.
- HAPTICS reviews will be regarded as first-round reviews in order to accelerate the review process of ToH.
- Authors who want their papers to be considered for this program will need to indicate it and provide a brief description of the planned evolution of the paper during the submission process.
- Representatives of the ToH editorial board will be involved in selecting which of the top-rated accepted papers will be included in this program, based on the camera-ready paper that authors submit as well as the submitted description of the planned evolution.
- Authors of selected papers will be directly contacted before the conference begins. The due date for submitting the extended manuscript to ToH will be December 14, 2018.
- Authors whose papers are not selected for this referral program are also encouraged to submit an extended version of their Haptics Symposium paper to the IEEE Transactions on Haptics; the only difference will be that the review process will start fresh, rather than building on the Haptics Symposium review process.
Any questions about technical papers can be addressed to the conference co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All accepted technical papers will appear in this year's Haptics Symposium proceedings, which will be distributed at the conference and submitted to IEEE Xplore.
We selected a new publications vendor in mid-January 2018, so the way final papers are being submitted changed at that time. We apologize for this change in procedure.
The contact author of each accepted technical paper received final paper submission instructions by email on Friday, January 19. Note that a 100-word abstract is not required. We encourage optional submission of a high-resolution square image that represents the main contribution of the paper; this image will be used in the online proceedings.
Please carefully follow the instructions provided in that email. Author teams who already submitted their final paper via PCS must resubmit following the instructions in the email; no final papers can be accepted via PCS this year.
Due date for all items: January 26, 2018
January 19, 2018 (extended)
Respond to the email you received or contact the publication chair at email@example.com with questions about final submission of technical papers.