We solicit technical papers that report original, novel, unpublished work relevant to all the scientific, technological, and application aspects of haptics.
- Technical papers should be prepared according to the formatting instructions available here.
- For authors' convenience, the templates for technical papers can be downloaded in Word or Latex format. Note that only the US Letter template will be accepted, not the A4 template.
- Authors should aim for a technical paper length of 6 pages or less, including references and all other components of the paper.
- 1 or 2 extra pages (beyond 6 pages) may added through a charge of $200 per page, paid during conference registration.
Author Names and Affiliations
- Submitted papers will be reviewed in single-blind manner.
- Author names and affiliations should be specified in all technical papers.
Submission Due Date
- October 27, 2017: 11:59 pm PST (Pacific Standard Time)
October 22, 2017: 11:59 pm PST (Pacific Standard Time)
- Technical paper submission is now open!
- All technical papers should be submitted using PrecisionConference with optional videos.
Presentation and Publication
- All accepted technical papers will be presented orally in a podium presentation, either in a dual-track regular session or in a single-track featured session.
- All accepted papers will be included in the electronically distributed conference proceedings and also published in IEEE Xplore.
- Paper copyright will be transferred to the IEEE as part of the publication process.
- Paper decisions will be announced on December 29, 2017, and will also be available in PrecisionConference.
- Submission of videos is optional but strongly encouraged to help readers understand the paper.
- Uploaded videos will be reviewed along with the paper.
- Videos will be submitted for publication to IEEE Xplore and may be used to promote the conference.
- Guidelines: format (mpeg 4, .mp4), length (up to 2 minutes), resolution (at least 480p progressive scan), and file size (up to 40 MB). Final (but not initial) video submissions will need to include some simple additional files for IEEE Xplore compliance.
IEEE Transactions on Haptics (ToH) Referral Program
- The top 10% of submissions selected by the Program Committee based on reviews will be referred to the IEEE Transactions on Haptics (ToH) for expedited review of an evolved, journal-length version.
- HAPTICS reviews will be regarded as first-round reviews in order to accelerate the review process of ToH.
- Authors who want their papers to be considered for this program will need to indicate it and provide a brief description of the planned evolution of the paper during the submission process.
- The due date for submitting the extended manuscript to ToH will be December 14, 2018.
Any questions about technical papers can be addressed to the conference co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All accepted technical papers will appear in this year's Haptics Symposium proceedings, which will be electronically distributed at the conference and submitted to IEEE Xplore. In addition, an online conference program that shows short abstracts and images will also be distributed. The authors of accepted Technical Papers will be asked to prepare a final version of their contribution, a 100-word abstract, a square image, an optional video with supplementary files, and an IEEE electronic copyright form. These materials will all be due by January 19, 2018.